The Louise Saks Parliamentary Unit (LSPU) is a part of the National Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) one of six parliamentary study units in the state of Michigan (MSAP). The purpose of this group that meets regularly is
- To study parliamentary procedure;
- To qualify its members to practice, teach or serve deliberative assemblies;
- To further the practical principles of democracy in action; and
- To promote the educational program of the NAP.
LSPU Officers for 2016-17
- President Gretchen Denton
- Vice President Dianne Bostic Robinson
- Recording Secretary Max Rohtbart
- Treasurer Dorothea Martin
- Corresponding Secretary Vesta DeRiso
Each meeting on the third Tuesday morning includes an educational program presented by unit members will ample opportunity for everyone to ask questions and gain answers to their own parliamentary conundrums. Further opportunities for study are also available for persons interested in qualifying for status in the National Association of Parliamentarians.
Every spring, LSPU offers a public workshop that promotes participation in boards and volunteer organizations.